Do you have communications skills that you would like to use for a good cause?
Would you like to get involved in a community organization?
Do you dream of joining a warm and caring team?
Join the Parkinson Montreal-Laval team!
As part of a maternity leave replacement, Parkinson Montreal-Laval is looking for a Communications Manager to promote its services and activities to its various audiences.
Information about the organization
Parkinson Montreal-Laval (PML) is a charitable organization whose mission is to improve the well-being of people living with Parkinson’s disease and their loved ones by offering support, information and training services.
Under the supervision of the PML Coordinator, the Communications Manager’s primary duties will include:
- Establish and follow up on communication plans for various projects and fundraising campaigns
- Create and write articles and promotional content for our different communication tools such as the website, newsletter and bulletin
- Create and diffuse different communication tools to promote our projects and services Manage social media (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and YouTube) and Google Ads
- Update the website (CRM WordPress) (English/French)
- Update the organization’s distribution calendar
- Analyze data and results of the various communication tools in order to adapt and improve the strategies used
- Ensure daily media monitoring of issues surrounding Parkinson’s disease and caregivers
- Manage media relations: update the media list, send out press releases, analyze media opportunities
- Coordinate and review writing and translations of communication tools
- Produce videos for our social networks and website
- Perform any other related tasks as needed
Skills and qualities required
- Training in communications or a related field or equivalent experience
- Excellent writing skills in French and English
- Ability to translate texts (mostly from French to English) (an asset)
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, social media and WordPress newsletter software
- Knowledge of video editing software (an asset)
- Knowledge of the community environment (an asset)
- Team player, positive attitude, organized and hardworking
- Salary offered: $22.50/hr
- Number of hours per week : 21hrs; 3 days per week
- Employment status: maternity leave replacement for an expected duration of 9 months
- Start date: February 2022
- Home office (during the pandemic)
Please send your resume and a letter of motivation to Janie Guénette, Coordinator, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org before January 28, 2022. Interviews will be held the week of January 31, 2022.