Following the government’s suggestions to find ideas to maintain and promote social links with our isolated relatives during holidays, we would like to share some of our suggestions with you. Of course, they are not exhaustive and we invite you to give us yours!
If you can visit him:
– Bring him a holiday cake to eat together. Sugar pie, pouding chomeur, …
– Cook with your loved one! You could even cook some holiday meals for him to reheat later.
– Brighten up his living space by participating in the festive decoration of his interior. Light garlands, candles, Christmas tree, …
If you cannot visit him:
– Play games together! By calling with video conference, you can play board games like checkers and chess
– Send him Christmas cards with letters to stimulate his reading.
– Eat together, by interposed screens! And you could also place his cutlery on your decorated table.